
We celebrated
Kadyn's 2
nd birthday on Saturday by having a Thomas the Tank Engine themed birthday party. I got the kids each a "conductor outfit" with hats, scarves and train whistles. I was nervous that
Kadyn wouldn't want to wear his outfit, but he loved it so much he didn't want to take it off at the end of the party.

The kids decorated train cookies as an activity. I think they ate more frosting than actually made it on the cookies but they enjoyed it.




I bought the cake from Costco and decorated it myself (which is why it looks
ammature). The Thomas plays the theme song from the DVD which was really fun for the kids.
Kadyn couldn't even eat the cake though!! We found out the night we brought Kai home from the hospital that
Kadyn is severely allergic to cashews and pistachios and mildly allergic to peanuts. (We now carry an
epi pen in our diaper bag at all times!!) Well, when I bought the cake I read the ingredients to make sure it didn't contain peanuts or tree nuts. When I picked it up it had warnings all over the box that it was made on the same equipment that peanuts and tree nuts are processed on.
AUGH!! So, Nana picked up a cute little "nut free" cupcake for him to enjoy.
Kadyn wanted me to tell everyone thank you for coming and for all the neat gifts. He had a great time at his party and was so glad to share his birthday with everyone. Ever since he's been walking around singing "Happy
Bith-day to
TeaNin" (He calls himself Tea-
Nin and calls Kai "Ty" since he can't pronounce his K's)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kadyn! It looks like Mommy put on a great party:) We will be in Bend for Christmas and would love to see you guys! What are your plans?? Talk to you soon.
happy birthday to kadyn! i love the thomas theme. andrew has that same train that is on his cake. how fun!:)
Post a Comment