Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bikes, boys and jumps...what more could one ask for?

The past week or so has been beautiful. It's been right on par for the end of January week of sun and warmth (50+ degrees). The weather is supposed to change back to cold, typical winter weather in the next couple of days so we made sure to make the most of it this weekend. The boys have been having so much fun on their new bikes that it's usually the first thing they ask to do in the mornings. 

I (Kai) decided that I would like to take a shot at commentating since Kadyn is usually the one to do it. However, I have recently found my voice and have begun speaking in sentences and even paragraphs...so it's due time for ME to tell you about our day. We went down to Shevlin Park with Nana and Papa while Daddy studied. 
 I made sure to collect rocks and sticks on our bike ride because I knew that we'd be throwing them in the river later on.
 After jumping off the tree stump (notice it's bigger than I am) with the stick IN MY HAND, Nana showed me how to throw it to the ground first, and then jump after it.
 Since I'm in to doing everything my brother does these days it was an easy decision to jump off the tree stump after him. However, I had to teach him the proper arms in the air technique.
 Don't forget...arms in the air "Tay-nin!"
 This is how it's done...
 I have already perfected the feet in the air strider ride and Kadyn is doing great on his big boy training wheel bike.
 No Papa, I think this stump might be too high for even the most skilled jumpers like us.
 After Kadyn fell off his bike, I took a turn. I insisted on doing it all by myself, but every once in awhile I had to let Papa give me a push.
 When we were all done riding bikes we went down to the river to throw in the sticks and rocks I collected.
We had such a wonderful day. 

Some funny kid quotes over the past couple of days just so you can all appreciate life with these wonderful boys...

Convo #1:
Kadyn: Kai, can we trade toys in a couple of minutes? 
Kai: What? 
Kadyn: (a bit slower this time) Kai, can we trade toys in a couple of minutes?
Kai: What?
Kadyn: Kai........can we trade toys in a couple of minutes?
Kai: What?
Kadyn:  Kai, you heard me.
Kai: What?
Kadyn: Kai, stop saying what.
Kai: (with a coy, sideways smile on his face) What?
Kadyn: KAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! MOMMY!!!!

Convo #2:
Kadyn: Does it hurt when mommies have babies in their tummies?
Mommy: Sometimes babies stretch out mommies tummies so much that the skin gets tight around the belly button and that does hurt a little bit.
Kadyn: Hmmm. (Stops to think for a bit) But Mommy, when I was a new baby, the only thing that hurt was when you and Daddy would give me a bath to clean my belly button. 
Mommy: (eyes wide...DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!) Um...wow. Okay. (This child will be in therapy when he's 30 recalling the trauma of being born.)

4 comments:

Mom and Dad Cheney said...

BIG jumpers and GREAT riders! Papa and Nana had a great time with you today, and guess what? Papa's shoes were all muddy too and he tracked it all over Nana's floors. He was in trouble but he said it was SO worth it. Love our little boys!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kai... Aunt TT is having a hard time knowing your talking so much. I miss you two boys more than words can say! Can't wait for our new computer so we can skype and I can hear you talk it up... both of you!!! love you SO SO much!

Cory, Chelsea and Isak Bergman said...

Great series of pictures. Kai you'll have to teach Isak how to jump of stumps one of these days.

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

Kadyn remembered what? Wow. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. Impressivo.

The boys are adorable as ever. And Kai is such a smarty-pants to be savvy enough to tease his big brother. I know we moms shouldn't encourage such ribbing, but it is awfully funny.