As a mom of boys I have come to expect certain things. I will always have to check the toilet seat before I sit down--not just to ensure the seat is down, but also to make sure someone didn't have bad aim. I find myself (though a concrete word like always doesn't fit here...tear) constantly stepping on trucks, trains, rocks, sticks, and other boyish things. Additionally, I have swallowed my fear to take on a new task...I have now become an expert bug, slug, and worm hunter. As a kid I caught salamanders with the best of them and I would even catch garden snakes but somewhere along the lines I developed a phobia of all these things. However, I never want to pass my own fears and dislikes along to my kids so when my son asked me to help him look for slugs and worms I took the task seriously...
After we found this slug and Kadyn insisted on holding him I said to him: "Kadyn, did you know that slugs leave poop on your hand?" And he was all...
I made sure to tell him it wasn't really poop...it was slime. He thought this was a much better idea."Don't you see it mom?!" It's a potato bug!
"See?"
Our finds...
Like I said...expert. And unless you're under the age of 5 I will only charge $100 an hour for my bug, worm and slug hunting services.
And did you know that the film of slime that slugs leave doesn't wash off with soap and water? Nope. You have to scrape said slime with fingernails. Ugh. YUCK. My fee does not include clean up.

3 comments:
You deserve the Mom of the year award!!! Oh my goodness! I don't know that I could EVER do that... You're one amazing Mamma!!!
Your pics are so darling! And your boys are getting so big! My boys are loving outside critters right now too. Hudson brings them to me as gifts. I put a stop to it when he plopped a dead worm onto my kitchen counter as a surprise for me. =)
Eeewww.... I like to think that this is Ryan's future, but not mine. *sigh* We shall see. :)
That, and, you are awesome. xx
Post a Comment