Sunday, January 29, 2012

Epic Weekend

No, I do not have pictures of any of the events that took place this weekend, but boy do I have stories. And such wonderful memories.

Event #1--We officially have added 2 skiers to the family. Ryan and I took the boys up to Mt Bachelor on Saturday and they LOVED it. It was perfect ski conditions to learn on. We started off with having them walk in the snow in their ski boots. Then we added 1 ski, traded feet, and then added the other ski. We thought they would last until lunch. We went until almost closing time...3:45. After lunch both boys wanted to take turns going up the free lift with Daddy. They did so great skiing between his legs. And while one boy was up, the other was skiing at the bottom on the "mini" hill with me. I would position them at the top of the mini hill, then jog down to the bottom and they would ski down to me. Two things to note: The faster Kai went, the louder his laugh. No fear. And Kadyn even learned to turn on his own on his very last trip down the little hill with me. What fun. We are so excited to take them up again. And I am so excited to join them actually skiing next year!

Event #2--I borrowed a home doppler from a friend to try to find baby's heartbeat. I wasn't sure I would be able to since it's so early still, but I did!! I didn't think that I would find it so magical this time around, but it was almost more so since I've been so concerned about having everything okay since I haven't been as sick with this one as I was with my other 2. What a blessing, a relief, and a beautiful sound. All fears relieved. I guess during your 9th week the heartbeat is at it's highest and then it slows down to between 120-165 around the 12th week. I'm estimating it was right around 174. My first appt is this coming Friday. I will be 10 weeks on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Randy and Danielle said...

hmmm... maybe its a girl! :)
fast heart rate and different pregnancy... maybe! Are you guys finding out or having it be a surprise?

carly said...

so exciting greta! let me know how your first appointment goes this week!

Amy Hook said...

What a fun weekend together. We are excited to take Clara and Caleb skiing one day. And HURRAH for your news about baby #3! That is so exciting! Are you finding out whether it's a boy or girl?! Three boys would be sooo fun - as would having a sister w/ two protective older brothers. Can't wait to hear :)!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sound that had to be Greta. Love, T-Mom xoxoxo

Aunt Linda said...

We are so excited for the four of you. Let us know how your doctor's appointment went. Love you all!!xoxoxo