A few things I want to note:
--He was quickly out of the majority of his newborn clothes and diapers and is rapidly approaching being out of the 0-3 month clothes.
--I marvel every day at how much he's grown. It truly seems like he grows in his sleep each night. At his 2 week appt he was already 9.9 lbs! Despite my being thin, I make straight cream. That put him in the 90% for weight. He was 21 1/4 inches (though the nurse said she wasn't too accurate on that) which put him at 70%. And his head was in the 85%! Now at 1 month I can only imagine he's 12 lbs or more.
--With the large size comes great sleeps. Lukah is another great sleeper. He's currently only waking 2 times throughout the night and one of his stretches is for 5 hours. We're still working on a schedule but I've done a pretty good job of making sure he knows how to put himself to sleep.
--We feel like Lukah has been trying to smile for a couple of weeks, but on 9/25 he truly smiled for the first time.
--He has rolled over 2 times now from tummy to back though it is not consistent.
--He is a spitter upper. Neither of the other 2 were so this is new territory for us and definitely worth writing down.
--Lukah loves, loves, loves his brothers. And the adoration is mutual. We could not have asked for Kadyn and Kai to have accepted him in a more loving way. I'll be writing a post entirely on this another time.
--I have had to give up dairy. I hadn't been eating too much of it but around 3 weeks old Lukah had a few rough afternoons during which he cried for 2+ hours. I was fortunately able to correlate it to the dairy I had either for breakfast or lunch and since giving it up he hasn't had a problem since. That means I am not eating gluten, dairy, leafy greens, or tomato base. I am not giving up caffeine though!
--Another thing neither of the older 2 brothers had but unfortunately Lukah does is baby acne. Right around the 4 week mark he started to get it and now it's covering his face and neck. Boo.




2 comments:
Fun pictures. It looks like everyone has well adjusted to the little guy!
He is so precious!!! Congratulations & blessings as you continue to transition into life as a family of FIVE! :)
Post a Comment