Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lies and tears from a long, lean, attempting to walk machine

So my mom lied to me today. She told me that I didn't get poked with a needle at my 9 month check up. LIES, LIES, LIES. Not only did I get poked, but I was full on THROTTLED with the needle. I didn't get shots, but they had to draw blood to test for lead poisoning. Mommy had to fill out this form that asked about my exposure to lead. Apparently, the Dr. wasn't impressed with her answers because they sent me over to this other building where they dug around in my arm for about 5 minutes until they finally found my vein. Other babies take note: Fill this form out for your mommy--put NO for every answer...don't let her say otherwise.
As a side note, I weigh 19 lbs. 2 oz putting me at 25% for weight. And I am 29 1/4 inches tall putting me at 80% for height. The Dr. said that I'm long and lean just like my mommy and daddy. And I got the ok to eat most everything as long as it's smaller than my thumb nail. Ahhh...the possibilities. The only things I can not eat are honey and peanuts...I can have smooth peanut butter, but not chunky or any other nut.

Before I got my blood drawn I was crawling all over the waiting room of the Heart Institute (please note that mommy told me it was ok because the carpet is brand new). Mommy couldn't keep up because I was cruising so fast. At one point I stood up against the coffee table, walked around it by holding the edge, then decided I needed to find bigger and better things. I turned around, let go, and took 3, yes THREE steps. Enough with this crawling stuff. I didn't even fall...I just lowered myself to the ground.


1 comment:

Chris and Jenni said...

You are a natural! I always knew it. Next time you come to my house I will help you perfect your walking skills.

Samuel