Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kauai...aka...Paradise

We spent a week in Kauai with Grammy and Pops. We had an amazing time. The flight out was great! The kids were even commented to about deserving the "Best Kids on an Airplane EVER Award." Kadyn carried his own suitcase full of toys, books, games, etc the entire way. Grammy and Pops were waiting for us when we arrived at the airport.
After swinging by Costco we were ready to head to the resort. (Yes, we ALL fit in the car along with our suitcases!)

Kadyn wasn't so sure about the pool at first and hung on to Daddy with the death grip. Kai wasn't sure about anything at first and cried upon being set in the sand, cried when I put him in the bath, cried when I tried to feed him...needless to say, he went right to bed after we got to the resort.
 Throughout the week Kai warmed up to the sand and even the ocean and pool by the last day. We went to a lot of great beaches for the kids. Low or no waves and lots of great spots to find "sea creatures" which was Kadyn's favorite part. Oh I have so many memories flooding my mind right now. One of my favorite was going out in the mornings before everyone else woke up with Kadyn (the first morning both kids were awake by 4:15am but after that Kai would sleep till 8. Kadyn was up by 6:45 at the latest each morning). One morning in particular, Grammy joined us and we were putting our feet in the hot tub. All of a sudden Kadyn decides that it would be ok to sit in the hot tub...still in his jammies. It was so cute :)










The flight home deserves it's own blog but I'll give you the short version. Kai didn't fall asleep (despite benadryl) for almost 2 hours and was a little stinker. Kadyn fell asleep before we even took off but he woke up 5 minutes after Kai fell asleep SCREAMING. S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G Yes, we were THAT family. Ugh. After 2 more screaming fits he finally fell asleep in my lap and I didn't dare move...an inch. I stayed that way for another 2+ hours. Double ugh. However, the other 2 flights went flawlessly. Kai ended up making up for his lack of sleep by sleeping 17 hours the next night only waking two 1/2 hour periods.

Below are 2 of my favorite photos capturing both boys beautifully. What a great time and great memories! Thank you Grammy and Pops!!

4 comments:

Rachele said...

I can't believe you fit four adults and two carseats in that car!

Kai's hair looks like it's picking up a slight curl?

Great pictures all the way through!

carly said...

wow! what a great trip! your boys remind me so much of mine!:) how fun to get to experience hawaii with them. also, you look great!! :)

Bethany said...

Your boys are so cute Greta! Looks like you had a wonderful vacation...I would love to be in the sun right now! :)

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

Everyone looks fabulous and relaxed. Ahhh . . . I *almost* feel like I was there with you. Big hugs!