Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas!

For Christmas this year we had our 5th annual Christmas Eve fondue party. It was very special to be able to spend it with Nana, Papa, Grammy, Pops, Uncle Drew, Uncle Anders, Aunt Chelsea, Uncle Cory, Cousin Isak, and our friends Canyon, Sawyer, and their parents Stacie and Greg. Despite Aunt TT and Uncle Jesse (and Laila!) not being here, it was such fun. 
I made sure we read T'was The Night Before Christmas (tradition) complete with passing the ball every time the word THE is said in the story. Grammy won the prize. How I remembered this was a tradition a year later is still amazing everyone.
Picture is missing Uncle Drew
Uncle Anders even read me a story in the middle of the organized chaos.

I was more than ready to go to bed (in my new Christmas jammies--also a tradition) so Santa could come. As previously mentioned, I really wanted a fake Christmas tree of my very own...complete with my own lights and ornaments. Santa snapped a quick picture before wrapping it up...

We woke up at the relatively reasonable hour of 6:45 am. To all that don't know...this is actually sleeping in for the Cheney household. (Mommy loves the picture below because it clearly shows how much Kai loves me...he watched EVERYTHING I do and repeats/parrots EVERYTHING I say.)  I was a little nervous while I was opening stockings that Santa hadn't brought me my tree...then Daddy plugged it in. I saw the glow through the wrapping paper and was SOOO excited. 

After opening our stockings and gifts from Santa we were able to Skype Grandpa. He enjoyed watching chaos resume as we tore through all of the other gifts from extended family. Shortly thereafter your typical Christmas morning began...I fell into the bookcase and smacked my head (Mommy thought for sure I was going to be gushing blood). After an hour of crying, Kai decided he wanted in on the fun and split his lip on the bathroom counter. Yup, just how Mommy pictured Christmas morning. After we composed ourselves we went to Nana and Papa's house to open more presents.
Isak caught on to opening presents quickly...we were very impressed. His technique of sitting on the gift while unwrapping I might need to master for next year.

For the afternoon/Christmas dinner we went to Grammy and Pops. I got to practice riding my new bike...the pictures are on Daddy's phone so you'll have to wait to see those :)

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun!! sure missed you guys this Christmas! love you much!

Mom and Dad Cheney said...

Oh how much fun we had - so glad you all are close by - thank you for having us all Christmas Eve - what a special week - we love you so - and thanks for all the photos. Glad you are picking up where we are lagging. XO P&N
And, we miss you too, Taylor, Jesse and Laila!