Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Goodbye binkie, hello bike!

As I've mentioned, Kai has officially moved out of his crib in to the bottom bunk under Kadyn. We had a goodbye crib party complete with cake. Kai had officially crawled out of the crib back in March and climbed up to snuggle next to his brother all night. Despite his new found abilities, unless he was literally sleeping with Kadyn, in the same bed, he didn't want to be out of his crib. But it was time. Additionally, just a few days later, we had Kai gave up binkies. Mean parents, I know. I was afraid to comment on it too soon because I didn't want to jinx either of these. However, he's done amazingly well. Yes, we've had a few late nights (in fact, as I'm typing this he is still awake...he's become master bedtime delaying manipulator). Yes, we've woken up a few extra times in the middle of the night. But, the binkie and the crib is gone and he's still napping.

As part of the binkie exchange Kai got a new big boy bike. I posted a very small picture a week or two back of him riding his pedal bike without training wheels by himself. He's one very determined little boy. Though still getting the hang of braking, he's doing awesome.
Here's the progression of him getting his new bike...
Even though Kadyn knew what Kai was getting he wanted to close his eyes too. 



Oh what a big boy we have already.

No comments: