Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kadyn's special day

A few weeks ago now Kadyn's preschool teacher had pulled me aside when I picked him up to tell me "what a wonderful young boy he is, how well he listens, and how well he leads--even when other boys are doing things they shouldn't be doing." She proceeded to complement Kadyn for another minute or so and it sure made this mama proud. I wanted Kadyn to know how proud both Ryan and I were of him so I told him what Miss Dana had said and that when Mommy and Daddy get wonderful reports like that (and acknowledged how it can be so hard to do what's right when people you care about are doing the wrong thing and how proud of him we are for that) it was a cause to celebrate. 

So I asked him what he would like to do to celebrate with Mommy and Daddy?

His choice...a hike. To somewhere we haven't been, or haven't been in awhile. With Mommy and Daddy. And Kai. And since it's a hike, Boulder should come too. So a family hike he got.

This is the typical "hey boys, give me your best smile" face.












Way to go buddy! We're so proud of you. And even more so that you decided to share your special day with your brother too. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the picture of the boys back and Kadyn with his arm around Kai... instant tears! I love the love the boys have for each other. SO SO sweet. A great reflection of parents who love, honor and respect each other and show the same respect to their children! You are wonderful parents raising wonderful, sweet boys! Our world needs more boys and men like that! Makes for men I want my LB to someday marry ;) ;)

Way to go Kadyn! You are such a polite handsome young man! Can't wait to hug all of you!
XO
Aunt TT

Cory, Chelsea and Isak Bergman said...

Way to go Kadyn! Thanks for setting such a good example for your little brother and cousins! Wish we could join you for a hike!