Just over a week ago we had the baby's big ultrasound. It had been scheduled for a few days later but we bumped it up as a surprise. Beforehand we did a lot of talk about how we don't get to choose what baby is and that God has the perfect sibling picked out. Regardless, we were all excited and had in our heads what baby's gender is. As the boys were referring to it...Kadyn, Ryan and I were all on "team pink" and Kai was on "team blue." The boys came to the ultrasound with us and did a fantastic job of sitting still. Kadyn watched with much excitement while Kai was quite content looking up every now and then while he was coloring.
We did the same thing as far as learning baby's gender as we did when we found out about Kai. Only this time it was so fun to include the older brothers in the process. We all marched down to the Carter's Outlet after the ultrasound and the boys got to each pick out a girl outfit and a boy outfit.
The choices for the gender they thought baby was were easy. They weren't too interested in picking something from the other gender, but we insisted know that they would be disappointed if their choice wasn't in the box. Kai's favorite boy was the one above.
Kadyn's favorite girl (after a very hard decision) was the green one above with the flower binkie.
The box. Inside holds the outfit for the gender of baby #3. At this point we had NO idea what was inside.
The envelope with all the ultrasound pictures and proof of baby's gender.
Immediately following Carter's we went out to a family dinner.
It was waiting for dessert to come that the box was opened.
It's a BOY! Boy #3 on his way.
Kai couldn't have been any more excited. Kadyn was disappointed at first but primarily because he wasn't right. Although he did say a few days later "Mommy, we really need a sister. I'm happy and all that we're going to have another brother...but can we keep having brothers until we get a sister too?" He was all too thrilled to share all his toys with "all the brothers" just so he could have a sister in the mix.
As for Ryan and I? We're doing great. We were glad we had the night to ourselves with no one knowing we had the ultrasound to let the fact that we'll have THREE boys sink in. But we're in love with this little man already. And it's comments like this one from dear friends and family "I believe that raising a boy to become a good man, today, is such an incredibly important task, God wisely chooses special people to get that privilege. And now that I have a daughter, I'm praying for parents like you to have boys, so that someday Paisley will be loved well by one of them. Congratulations!" that put smiles on our faces and leave us feeling oh so blessed to be having another boy.
And p.s. the most important part is baby looks healthy!


4 comments:
What a great post Greta! I am really excited for you guys and love getting to see in pictures how you found out. :) Can't wait to hear what baby boy's name will be?! :)
So, are you gonna "keep having brothers" until you get a sister?!?! Love it. :)
You don't even look pregnant in the picture of you! You look gorgeous, as always. I love getting to see the pictures! So fun! And yes, I have to say I love the "keep having brothers until we have a sister." :)
I love how you involved your boys in finding out the baby's gender! So special and memorable for your whole family! You guys make pretty cute boys! :)
Post a Comment