Friday, April 13, 2012

Brotherly Love

Tonight I asked the boys each separately what they were both nervous and excited for in having a baby brother.

Mommy: Kadyn, what are you most excited about?
Kadyn: Everything.
Mommy: And what are you most nervous about?
Kadyn: Nothing.
Mommy: Oh good! I thought for sure you would say you were nervous about being asked to change diapers. I guess that means you'll help us change them!
Kadyn: NOOOOO!!!!!!! (laughing)

Mommy: Kai, what are you most excited about?
Kai: That it's a boy. (melt my heart)
Mommy: And what are you most nervous about?
Kai: I'm not nervous.
Mommy: Yay! I guess that means I have 2 diaper changers.
Kai: nooo (whispered with a slight look of disgust mixed with cuteness)

Little baby brother, your big brothers love you so much already. They are so excited for you to join our family. I don't know if you know this little one, but your biggest brother loves to give you kisses by kissing my tummy and he gives you special love pats. And he's constantly wondering if you can hear him. And though your other big brother may not fully understand, he is, and has been, so excited that you are you. He has wanted to be the big brother to a little brother since we announced you were coming--before we knew you were a boy. Our hearts are ready sweet boy.

6 comments:

Take That said...

I love the boys responses ;). And you make beautiful boys. I can't wait to see what little man #3 looks like. The brotherhood bonds will be strong in your house. So excited for you guys!!!

Amy Hook said...

Too funny. I was signed in with my husband's "photography blog. Oops! This is Amy :).

carly said...

The boys are going to have so much fun together! :) I love their answers to your questions. :)

Taylor said...

Well if this didn't make me cry...

Katelin said...

Sniff sniff... What wonderful boys you have!! They will be such good big brothers. :)

Cory, Chelsea and Isak Bergman said...

SOOO precious! And by the way they took care of their little cousins I know they are going to be amazing big brothers!