

--Building gingerbread houses every Thanksgiving (A tradition we're passing on to our sons though I could never attempt to actually make the house from scratch like you did).
--The countless hours I spent in the doll house you made for me
--All the carvings you've done, especially the horse and the santa you made me
--Teaching me to love New York City and showing me the ins and outs
--Dancing with me at my wedding
--All the quality time you spent visiting us and us visiting you
It was because of my relationship with you and Grandma that Ryan and I chose to live in Bend; a place where our children can be close to their grandparents (most of them) and hopefully have the same strong relationship with them that I had/have with you.
I wish I could have been there Grandpa. My baby is sick so I can't make the trip. I know you understand. I will cherish forever this past summer having everyone together one last time. I love you so much and I'm so glad I had a chance to tell you that.
Goodbye for a little while; until we see each other again.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."
John 11:25-26
John 11:25-26
2 comments:
Greta, that was the sweetest tribute. He is smiling down on you right now. I have never known the love of a grandfather, but yours was the perfect example of how to be one. I will cherish the memories from our trip to CT & NY forever because of the generosity of your grandparents.
greta, that post made me cry. i'm so glad that you have such wonderful memories that you will be able to keep with you of your grandpa. i'm thinking about you!
Post a Comment