Our old house sold today. I've written this post 100 times in my head by actually putting words on the screen is harder than I thought. A few weekends ago Ryan and I spent the entire day cleaning that place out. I have been unable to return since. I don't think I'm cut out to move a lot, or maybe it's the magic of it being the house we brought our babies home to. Whatever it was, that house will hold a special place in my heart forever. Don't get me wrong, I love, LOVE, our new house. And there are things that I am clearly glad to be done with ($500 winter heating bills and raking so many pine needles immediately comes to mind) But, some things I never want to forget about Trailblazer are...
~The scriptures we lined on the floors in our baby's room before the carpets were put down.
~Sitting in our new recliner (the only piece of furniture in the house at the time) in what became Kadyn's room with a bulging tummy, rocking and singing to him, explaining that daddy was working hard to make the home perfect to bring him home to.
~Having beginning stages of contractions while standing on a mini ladder, painting the hood above the stove.
~Continuing to have contraction in Home Depot while I was fighting for our refund on the wood floors that caused our remodel to be 5 weeks behind schedule. (I still think that because I was in labor it helped us get our refund!)
~Bathing my kids in the kitchen sink and the first time they each moved to the actual tub.
~Spending countless hours in the backyard on the huge, HUGE, deck...watching Kadyn learn to walk...all too quickly.
~Designing my kitchen.
~Our guestroom and all the wonderful people that filled it.
~How we filled our "dining room" with baby equipment (swing, jumperoo, bouncy chair, highchair) until we got a dining table.
~Preparing our guest room to become a nursery because our family was going to grow by another 21 inches.
~My beautiful mantle that Ryan made me so I could hang up stockings.
~Our HUGE Christmas trees to fill the entire front window.
~Our wonderful neighbors. It was so great living next door to such a wonderful family that embraced us so kindly...not to mention he was a pediatrician that I could bring all my kid-worries to.
~The amazing, amazing, amazing job Ryan did on remodeling. He put his heart into that place.
~Listening to baby coos, baby giggles, baby belly laughs.
To the next owner of Trailblazer,
May you hear the laughter in the walls and feel the love of God under your feet. Take care of our little house.
Here's to making new memories!
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Costume Ideas
19 hours ago
4 comments:
We are truly sorry for the way things turned out with Trailblazer....praying God will restore all your hard work.
It turned out perfectly!! 100% God's plan. And, as I said in the post, we LOVE our new house...these are just some things I want to always remember about the old house :)
We are grateful to have had the good fortune to be next door to the arrival of 2 beautiful kids into a wonderful family. Your commitment, hard work and integrity will reward you tenfold. Blessings to you all in your new home.
Melissa and Darin
this made me cry!!! what beautiful house with beautiful memories. they will always be cherished!!! here's to new memories!!!
Post a Comment