Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Graduation!

On June 16th Ryan graduated with his master's in counseling. 3 years. 3 Loooong years. And he's done! He's a MASTER. To say I'm proud would be an understatement, but for lack of a better word, that I am. Proud. Ryan has worked so hard and with so much passion to follow his heart into a career of counseling. The first two years were filled with courses, and papers...oh the papers...not to mention house remodeling. But it's really in the last year that it's all come together. Ryan has been working at two different internship sites, finishing up course work, putting together a final oral defense, taking and passing his ever important exam, and getting everything in line to graduate. All while juggling 2 kids and a moody, nauseous, temperamental pregnant wife (enough said). Proud. I am proud that he's completed this journey in entirety. I'm proud every time I hear from his peers, his professors, and his colleagues what an amazing counselor he is. I'm proud of the man he's become. I"m proud of his dedication and commitment not just to his schooling but to our family as well. And I'm proud of how much he's grown throughout this process. 





And I'm also proud of us. The honesty behind the past 3 years is that there were parts that were some of our hardest times and I am so proud of our commitment to each other. The challenges could have taken us down, but we fought. And we're coming out on top. And I am so excited for the road ahead. 




Proud. Here's to your passion Ryan. Here's to your excitement. Here's to your degree. Here's to your hard work. And here's to us. I love you.




P.S. If you hear of anyone looking for a counselor in our area I know of a great one ;)

No comments: