Thursday, September 18, 2008

God's Blessing

I finally heard from the Dr.'s office last night regarding the "prognosis of the lump." It's benign! Praise God! I had a post-op appt. this morning and it turns out that it was a collection of breast tissue? It does not mean that I am any more likely to get breast cancer in the future either which was another sigh of relief.


It's a blessing in and of itself that I am cancer free, that I can't describe. However, the blessing that I'm referring to in the title is that of all the family and friends that were praying for me and my family. Even those that aren't the prayerful type were offering up prayers, good thoughts and support. I'm astounded at how many people cared. I didn't really shed any tears prior to the surgery, as I mentioned I had God's peace covering me. However, I can hardly keep my eyes dry thinking about all the love and grace that was surrounding me during this hard time for my family.


It's really put into perspective what's important in life. Having a dirty house? Having a dirty car? Don't care. Selling our house? Potentially losing a lot of money on our house? Don't care. What's important...eternity. My God. My husband. My son. My unborn child. My extended family. My friends.


So, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. I want to thank you for caring so deeply that I was not only covered in your individual prayers but also in small group prayers and bible study prayers. In addition to the prayers, I want to thank you for the flowers, for the dinners, for the cards, for the hugs.


A quick note about Kadyn...last Thursday, 9/11, the day I went in for surgery, my mom was watching Kadyn. She got to our house at 6:00 am since I had to be at the hospital by 6:30am. (yes my son was awake by then). They spent the morning playing and then 8:15 he was running threw the kitchen and stopped mid-stride, looked at my mom, and said in a crying/concerned sort of voice--"mommy?" It was at 8:15 that my surgery began. Connected? Yes. One of the most important people in my life? Yes. Does it bring tears to my eyes? No. It spills them on to my cheeks. I am so blessed.


I give all the praise to God!

1 comment:

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

Thank God for your health and the baby's health. I like to think that these trials, although frightening and worth serious attention and care, are definitely, as you've already noted, a way to remember our blessings. Tim, the girls, and I all pray for your continued health and, in light of the medical drama you've already survived, a painless, super quick labor! You've earned it.

Love you all,
Nikki and co.