Happy 1st Birthday Kai Isaac!
Last week Kai turned one. I am finally getting a chance to post about it. We moved in to our new house on his birthday so it's been quite chaotic ever since. I have a break now while Daddy and Kadyn put lights on the Christmas tree (Kai is taking a much needed nap).
Some milestones:
~Kai is not walking, though crawls at lightening speed. He's standing up, and creeping around furniture, however, he is very cautious. Not the dare-devil that his brother is...and this mama has to have a sigh of relief with that.
~Kai finds every opportunity to smack his head into something. He has more bruises, cuts, and scrapes on his face than any other kid I know.
~He's become a climber. We often turn around to find him up 2 stacks of boxes, in the dishwasher or our cupboards, etc.
~He continues to adore his brother. Their favorite time of day is "naked time" as Kadyn calls it. They chase each other around in the buff and squeal with delight. Who wouldn't like feeling the breeze? Ultimately, this has meant he hates getting dressed.~ God knew what he was doing giving us 2 boys. We love that they adore each other and have so much fun playing together. They are now sharing a room in our new place and won't go to sleep unless the other is there. Love it.
~Kai plays with toys. This might not seem big, but I don't remember Kadyn playing with toys this young.
~Though a lot of his words sound the same, he is clearly trying to communicate.
~He loves to put something in his hand and crawl around holding it. Usually a pencil or the stick to a drum. Something long and thin.
~Is down to nursing one time a day--just before bed! (More of an accomplishment for mommy!)
~We are beginning to realized the extent of his food allergies. Ugh. I didn't sign up for that!!! (I just have to think of it as God not giving me more than He thinks I can handle--I must have a stronger threshold than most!?!)
Happy Birthday Baby Boy! We love you Kai Isaac!
**Everyone is invited to the boy's joint birthday party a week from tomorrow; Sunday, December 6, at 3:30pm. Buzzzz on over!
3 comments:
We love you little birthday boy Kai! What joy you bring to our lives....big kisses and hugs from Papa and Nana. Thank mom for the new pics too! XOXO
Little Kai, Nana was looking at the photo of you in the kitchen cabinet again tonight, and I just love those little toes, those little fingers, and that precious smile. What a dear you are xoxoxo
The second picture I think is one of my most favorites of ALL TIME!!! Love you Kai!!
Post a Comment