Monday, August 2, 2010

Just one more kiss

Today I dropped him off at Summer Camp and watched him settle in.
He blew me a kiss as I peeked back in the window from the hall.
As we always do, I blew him one back and we both reached to the sky to catch our kisses and plant them firmly on our cheeks.
He's growing up so quickly.

Today he stretched out his little arms for me to pick him up.
He buried his head against my neck and gave me his famous smile.
He cried out because he didn't want me to leave him.
He's growing up so quickly.

Today's Mommy I love yous will quickly become tomorrow's Mom I need these...
Today's cuddle times will be tomorrow's carpool shuttles.
Today's back scratches will be tomorrow's did you wash behind your ears.
Today's little boys will be tomorrow's grown men.

So I'll pause in this moment today and relish just one more kiss to store for one of those tomorrow days.
Today I'll take a second longer to sing one more song.
I have a minute to spare to play one more game.
Because tomorrow will come quickly, and they may not want just one more kiss.

I love you Kadyn and Kai...Today, Tomorrow, Forever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. greta, you cannot post things like this!;) i am sitting here crying. i was just talking to neal in bed last night about how grown up andrew is getting so fast. ugh, it makes me sad. anyways, a good reminder to cuddle them a little extra.:)

Rachele said...

I definitely need to take the time to play one more game. Beautiful post, Greta.

Anonymous said...

yes, crying...

love you and all your sweet boys! thanks for being such a wonderful example of a GREAT mommy!!! I have learned SO much from you!!!

Katelin said...

ditto... crying...and I do not even have any baby boys yet...

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

Lovely. Just sweet and true. Thanks for sharing this.

Adriel Booker said...

Greta, you're making me cry here! What a beautiful post... and the sentiments of every mother's heart. How they grow much. too. fast. {boo} This really is so beautiful.

And thanks so much for introducing yourself on my blog. Do you live in Bend? Or somewhere near by?? I miss Oregon...