3: Times we went to McDonalds (read: great for getting the wiggles out for the kids but bad for my mid section, butt and thighs)
15: Pieces of garbage fed to the Garbage Goat (read: the reason we spent the remainder of the weekend collecting and saving garbage..."for next time")
17: 10 Adults and 7 kids that came to the BBQ (read: amazing catch up time with college friends, spouses & kiddos)
7: Peaches picked (read: excuse to ride the tractor)
30: Seconds it took for Carly's son Andrew and Kadyn to become best buddies (read: hard to leave)
4: Hours spent in the hot tub having girl time (read: totally needed that)
2: Major events (Trey Anderson's wedding and my 10 year high school reunion) I missed by making this impromptu, totally unexpected visit (read: not sad to have missed a reading of my entirely ridiculous and off 10 year prediction, but sad to have missed Nampa friends and Trey's wedding...but at the same time, totally worth it)
1: Gracious Host! Missed Husband! Crazy Mama!
1,000,000: Memories made and laughs had (read: even harder to leave)
Riverfront Park
Feeding the ducks, aka really mean geese/swans
The Garbage Goat! (You "feed" him garbage by means of hoover)
Carousel
Train ride around park
Green Bluff! One of my favorite fall activities (and yes, it felt like fall) Kadyn rode the pony, Kai wanted nothing to do with it.
If that isn't his dad, I don't know what is...
I LOVE profile pictures from behind...
Getting ready for the BBQ. Kai, ever wanting to do what his big brother is doing, is watching Kadyn. Did I mention I love back profiles? (This would have been a super cute picture of him watching Chris and Kadyn on the swing--see picture below--if I didn't have to stand so darn far away to get the picture...the shot would have been over)
Eating with 2 of Carly's boys, Andrew (4) and Levi (2)
T-R-O-U-B-L-E (Seriously, they all got along so well! Here they're looking for frogs)
Crazy? Maybe...but totally worth it!
Beautiful, gracious host, Kelcy
Sorry boys, she's taken...by a keeper, Chris! (My kids LOVED them both...they will be AMAZING parents!)
The girls! (Apparently I needed a flash...this is what I recovered from the picture)
To come...more car travel tips when traveling alone with kids...










4 comments:
Love Those Photos! Looks like fun was had by all, the boys were full of smiles, so glad you got to spend time with your friends Greta! I remember so fondly taking our kids to all those places, sorry to have missed watching the boys delight! Welcome back to a husband who missed you. XOXO
18: Hours spent in the car
Hmmm...that's about how long it takes to travel to Denver. :) Looks like you a good time. Spokane doesn't look so bad when you don't have to live there!
Thank you so much for coming to visit! I had a blast spending some quality time with you! Chris and I both adore your boys! You can tell Kadyn that I did give Chris his timeout! I think he's learned his lesson :-) Love you lots and can't wait for the next trip!
greta! so glad that you guys came to visit. it was so fun to finally meet your boys and to see our kids get along so well! and, i loved getting to catch up with you too. :)
Post a Comment