Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Carver for Hire

If you need a professional pumpkin carver...I am your man.  This is my original pumpkin that I found in the pumpkin patch with my friends. I was so excited to carve it, it didn't last more than 12 hrs before I just had to dig my hand in to it.


Kai was in awe of all that was pumpkin.
He got the hang of it pretty quick...but there is only one professional around here.
Behold...my masterpiece. 
I taught Daddy my skills so he could help Kai.
Not bad for a beginner Kai.
I decided to invite all my friends over to teach them how to carve pumpkins too. (8 adults, 8 kids, lots of sharp knives...it's no wonder they needed a professional)

Not bad huh?
Everyone did such a great job I invited them to stay for a potluck dinner. 
 
After pumpkin carving we headed outside (it's hard to keep 8 adults and 8 rambunctious kids in 1100 sq ft.) It's a good thing it was 80 degrees in the middle of October. Dirty was an understatement. For more pictures and funny commentary go to my friend Canyon's blog... here
I think I did a great job of teaching my friends how to carve pumpkins. It was a successful fall party!! And I am so excited to have a winter party, and a spring party, and a summer party, and a birthday party, and a... well, you get the idea. ;)

No comments: