Monday, November 1, 2010

Arggh...Happy Halloween!

The cutest little pirates you've ever seen. Kadyn said to me the first time "Mommy, I'm a mean pirate." We talked about how the world needs nice pirates that help other people. After that, whenever he was asked if he was a mean or a nice pirate he would reply "I'm nice" and would get really upset if some said otherwise. 
We went with Canyon (Buzz Lightyear) and Sawyer (Woody). Kadyn was in 7th heaven.
And Pirate 1 and Buzz were great about letting Pirate 2 tag along. 

Last year Kai stayed in the stroller the entire time. It was fun watching him make this Halloween his own by participating. He did great! 
The best group shot I could get.
Happy Halloween Everyone!

We started out trick or treating in the Old Mill (local outdoor shopping center that puts on a kid's trick or treat every year). Kadyn wanted to continue the trick or treating in Grammy's neighborhood when we done. (I should add that the boys had SOO many layers of warm clothes under their costumes.) A cute story about trick or treating in Grammy's neighborhood...

Kadyn ran up a driveway ahead of us and joined a group of older kids as I was trudging up the hill carrying Kai after him. I get to the porch just in time to hear the mom that was handing out candy say to her little girl "Honey, did you even know that little boy? Or, have you been giving hugs to everyone?" And the little girl replied "That's my friend, Kadyn. We go to preschool together."
LOVE IT! He was so excited that he ran in to Alicia that as we were heading back to Grammy's house he said "Mommy, I forget to say Happy Halloween to Alicia. I want to go back and say Happy Halloween and give her one of my candies."  Awwww.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest, nice, pirates we've ever seen!

Mom and Dad Cheney said...

SWEET pirates! We love you so much, thanks for letting Nana tag along! XO P&N

Anonymous said...

what cute pirates you have!:) looks like you guys had a great night!

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

They should model Halloween costumes. They're perfect pirates!