This morning Kadyn is going to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He has "kissing tonsils." They are so large that they touch. Though this is a common surgery, it's still surgery. We're hopeful and prayerful that this will help with his constant sicknesses, etc.
When we did the consult appointment, Kadyn had some questions he wanted me to ask the Doctor. I'm pretty sure they need to teach a bedside manners class in medical school cause his response to some of Kadyn's questions was unbelievable. Way to go.
Kadyn--Question 1: "Will it hurt"
Doctor--Answer 1: "Yes. It will afterwards for a little while but you'll get to have ice cream and smoothies." Pretty sure he didn't hear anything you said Doc after you said "yes."
Kadyn--Question 2: "Can my mommy be with me the whole time?"
Doctor--Answer 2: "No. But, you'll be asleep for a lot of the time. We have to give you special stuff to put you to sleep." Uh...pretty sure he didn't care what you said once you said "no."
Kadyn--Question 3: "Is it scary."
Doctor--Answer 3: "Some parts of it are. But you'll be asleep for those." @#)($*)#@(%*)@(#*$
And that was the pediatric specialist.
Ugh.
Mommy-RESPONSE:
Kadyn, Mommy will cover your special blanket in kisses so if you get sad you know that mommy will be with you, sending kisses your way. I will take away all your hurts with popsicles and ice cream. And the hurts I can't take away I will pray away. We can pray together. And sweet boy, God will always be with you. He can hold your hand if mommy can't be there. If you're scared, know that He's there too.
God, protect this little boy. Keep him safe in your care. Ease his fears. Take away the hurts. Be. With. Him. When. I. Can. Not. Ease MY fears (I don't even want to ask the Doctor about those). Hold my hand in the waiting room. Speak words to my heart when it's aching.
Dirty Soda And A Free Cup At HuHot
1 week ago
2 comments:
Praying for you this morning precious nephew. And I promise your uncle Cory will have better bedside manners!
We love you!
Any surgery, even the most minor routine surgeries, are still surgery! Hospitals are not much fun. I'll be thinking of all of you this morning!
Post a Comment