Mommy made a business trip to Boston the very beginning of October and Grammy and Pops decided that we could go along with them to meet up with Mommy at the end of her trip. Mommy met us at the JFK airport when we flew in a week later. Grammy and Pops said we did great on the plane (no mommy or daddy present!) but we thought it still might be a good idea to stretch our legs at the beach the next day. We made sure to bring T-Mom (Great Grandma) and Aunt Linda along too.
Kadyn told me to find some shells. At first I was a little confused about what he was talking about.
But he made sure to show me...and even showed me the shells that still had creatures in them.And he taught me all about seaweed and how squishy it feels between your fingers and toes.
As we were dipping our feet in the water I got bored of looking for shells. And hot. It was 83 and humid after all.
So I stripped down and showed Kadyn my hops.
And told him that it was okay to be in your skivvies.
He wasn't so sure. He is almost 5 after all and apparently almost 5 year olds begin to learn something called modesty.
But it didn't take long for the call of the water (and a heavy shirt) to make him change his mind...because he isn't 5 quite yet.
But we did comprise. I told him I would look for shells again with him.
He really is a great shell hunter. I have a lot to learn.
So Kadyn spent a few minutes briefing (pun intended) me in the art of shell hunting.
But ultimately let me take to the water.
And play for hours.
And go home happy.
Thank you Grammy and Pops for bringing us East. Thank you T-Mom and Aunt Linda for spending the day at the beach with us. Somehow we managed to not get a single picture of us with either of them.
Our next adventure of our trip East coming tomorrow (we got to visit Grandpa in Vermont too!)



1 comment:
Those boys in their briefs are killing me! So darn cute. Sigh. How are we going to get our kids together?
Post a Comment