Thursday, October 23, 2008

MIA with less than a month to go

We have been really busy around here. I hope to never again have such a void in postings.
I've gotten out to enjoy the fall weather the past few days. The only problem is that we don't have many beautiful fall leaves in our yard...we have poky pine needles and lots of 'em!
After a hard day of playing in the needles Daddy helped me carve my pumpkin. I wasn't so sure about this whole carving thing. I was much more interested in my new Buzz Lightyear Pull-ups. Hmm. Buzz or Pumpkin? Pumpkin or Buzz?
You mean there's stuff IN the pumpkin? The pumpkin definitely won out over Buzz in this scenario.

Sam took pitty on me and my pine needles and invited me to Drake Park to play in actual leaves.

And of course, I had to bring my Buzz Lightyear Pull-Ups to show Sam. It was tough to put them down. I'm not really a fan of "wearing" the pull ups though...just carrying them around.

Sam's Daddy told us to put our arms around each other. I'm learning okay?

Best Buddies.

**Some important Kadyn updates from the past month**

1. I now take naps without mommy or daddy holding me until I fall asleep. I sleep in mommy and daddy's bed for naps. We read books, have some milk and then I play with my toys for about 15 min. and eventually fall asleep.

2. My "creative play" has taken a new level.

3. I still love Thomas, but it's been a real treat to get to watch Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2. I even sing the theme song "You've Got a Friend in me!"

4. I've reached a whole new level of getting closer to 2. Mommy: "Kadyn, get off the table please." Kadyn: "No" Mommy: "Kadyn, off the table now!" Kadyn: "No."

5. I continue to act as a parrot. I watch, I listen, I repeat...even days and days later.

No comments: