Tuesday, December 22, 2009




Merry Christmas!!

Kadynism...

Kadyn to Mommy---"Mommy, did you know Santa and the bears are related?"
Mommy to Kadyn---Um, no...what makes you say that?
Kadyn to Mommy---"Mommy, it's only obvious (only this is said as ah-vee-us. It's Santa Claus and bears have claws. I think Santa was tricking ("ticking") me. "

Kai Isaac is 13 months old today...

*He will let go of furniture and take anywhere from 3-5 steps then falls to his knees. He crawls with 1 hand, no hands but on his knees, his monkey crawl, etc.
*He's been climbing in lots of things; up on the bed, boxes, the chair.
*Kai is generally really good with leaving the Christmas tree alone which is surprising.
*He just figured out how to open the lotion bottle and take off a pen cap.
*We call him Bam Bam. He's a destructive little guy and always has some sort of bonk on his head.
*Kai always wants to be playing with or eating whatever his brother has. He's very sensitive if Kadyn tells him no.
*I think there is some sort of magnet that pulls him to Kadyn's potty whenever it's full of pee. I don't know how he knows it's full (we usually empty it every time) but it never fails...it's full and Kai's hands are in it.
*He loves putting things in buckets.
*He's still in a "mama" phase. He'll allow others to hold him but if mommy is in the room then he's all about mommy. The whine he does with it (though I know I'll miss it when it's gone) is like nails on a chalkboard. I can only listen to it for so long. And he only seems to make that whine with me.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Kai sounds just like Sawyer!!! We call Sawyer Bam Bam too...how funny! He is also my very dramatic child and cries and gives me the most pathetic face when I tell him "no touch" And I thought Canyon was the hard one...boy was I wrong!! Merry Christmas! You made me realize what a slacker I have been when your Christmas Letter came out on the blog. I need to do that TODAY!! It's such a daunting task to me for some reason.