Thursday, September 30, 2010

For Journal Sake

Kai has finally begun truly parroting. His favorite is to copy the last word of every sentence you say. If he actually tries the word, he nails it.

I always let the kids pick the songs I sing them every night before bed. Kadyn always picks the longest 3 songs he can think of, though they aren't usually the same 3 songs (The Ants Go Marching, Jesus Loves Me, at least 3 versus of Amazing Grace, This Old Man, B-I-N-G-O, etc.). Kai always picks the same song, three times. His song of choice for the last month is I See The Moon And The Moon Sees Me. It's short and sweet.

Kadyn's Preschool teacher has been helping us out with encouraging him to talk in class. Last week he filled up a pumpkin picture with a sticker for each time he answered one of her questions. Day 1 he had about 10 stickers (5 of which he received as practice stickers before I even left). Day 2 he had about 15. Day 3 he had 20+. And this past Monday (he was going M.W.F) she asked him if he would like to start the sticker pumpkin again and he said "No, I think I can do it on my own." YAY! YAY! YAY! We baked a cake to celebrate when he got home. Though still quiet and shy, it's a HUGE step.

Kadyn has firmly and officially given up naps (tear). He'll take a nap now about 1x a month...maybe. He still takes a quiet time which isn't so quiet; he usually tears his room apart playing. And, the resulting problem with how busy he is during the day is that he's done D.O.N.E. by 6:00. Makes for a long time until 7:30 or 8:00 bedtime.

Kai has reached a new level of independent. Everything is "Ah, ME!" He actually never (or at least not yet) confused You and Me by calling himself You. He wants to "Wa Ah" everywhere. And yes, that means "walk." Funny because he'll parrot "walk" perfectly, but then when he tries it on his own later it's Wa Ah.

Kai will often finish whatever is on his plate and then move to his brother's. This child EATS. However, he's skinny and short. His brother also skinny, but SO tall. Kai, sizing wise, is very true to his age...just between 18 month and 2T clothes, but Kadyn is every bit a 5T...he's not even 4 yet.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad Cheney said...

They are growing so quickly, we feel blessed to see the steps first hand! Love you sweet little boys, Papa and lil ole lady XOXO