Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kadyn's first dinner time prayer

A few night ago Kadyn said his very first blessing before dinner. Very sweet.


Kadyn: "Dear God. Thank you for this food. Thank you for Mommy being an AMAZING cook. Thank you for Mommy, and Daddy, and Kai, and Boulder. And thank you God for making Boulder feel better. Amen."

Not even 2 bites in to his dinner Kadyn turns and says to me "I don't like chicken nuggets." (insert whiny sing songy voice)

So much for being an amazing cook (like chicken nuggets would even qualify anyway). Maybe that's the real reason we pray before we eat as opposed to after. His prayer might have gone something like this...

"Dear God. Thank you for yogurt (I let them have a greek yogurt if they don't want dinner...softy? I know). Please help Mommy get better at cooking. Thank you for Boulder feeling better so he can eat whatever I pass him under the table. Amen."


7 comments:

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

I love this post. Funny, and sweet. Tell Kadyn I like Greek yogurt, too. And I think you're a great cook. WHo doesn't like chicken nuggets?

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Love it - xoxo - T-Mom

Annie said...

I LOVE Greek yogurt. We will have to start generating a lot more income before it passes Jeff and Simon's lips. You're a generous mommy! :)

Cannell Family said...

Love it!! What a sweet boy! And I too think Greek yogurt is the best thing ever and miss it! Keep hoping that soy yogurt will catch on to the thick creamy yumness!!

Anonymous said...

:) love it! Kadyn, your a silly boy!!

xoxo
aunt t

Cory, Chelsea and Isak Bergman said...

Precious!

Grammy and Pops said...

Kadyn you are just too cute! You too mommy!